 Local / New Zealand / 117
Re: Lego copyrights native language
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:52:25 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:3ae4c155.22724174@lugnet.com...

I mean, if they took words from multiple languages, that's one thing, but • if
they all came from a single native language source somewhere, and that
source isn't being credited, AND that source has been slighted by this AND
is complaining to WIPO, then wow is LEGO ever being idiotic.  God help • them.

If you run the various names of people and places from Bionical through a
search engine you will see they come up with lots of hits, mainly in
reference to the  pacific rim/islands

Though you would have to say it is no more an issue than calling a minifig
Jack Stone.
Are all the Jacks of the world going to be taking issue with Lego for using
their name?

regards
lawrence