 Local / Nederland / 570
Re: LUGNET Member Packet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:04:41 GMT

Close, but no cigar. It actually is "I didn't know you could read dutch."
But you're right, the two languages are very similar. In some countries it
helps to tell people that you're dutch, not german...

Duq

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
I don't read it, no, but I can read and speak a little German, and it • looks
like the languages are very similar.  Your question above, I read that is
something like this in German--

   Ich wusste nicht, dass du nederlandische kann lesen?

which I interpreted to mean, "I thought that you couldn't read Nederland?"

--Todd