 Local / Nederland / 1430
Re: Back in the States/LEGOWORLD Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:24:44 GMT

In lugnet.people, Tim Courtney writes:
Hey everyone -
I arrived in Chicago this afternoon after some time in Denmark and Germany
after LEGOWORLD.  I'm exhausted!!  Right now I'm forcing myself to stay
awake until 10:30 or so (normal bedtime) so I can get back into the time
zone at home.  Right now it feels like it should be 5:00 AM *yawn*

Hi Tim,

good to hear you came back without getting into any trouble. Being tired seems
to be part of the hobby. My days after legoworld were mainly dovoted to sleep
as well....

[Snip away all names, although I agree: all of de bouwsteen did a great
job!]

Ben Beneke - An honor and a pleasure to meet you and get a chance to spend
some time chatting LEGO and Trains!

The pleasure was on my side as well! It was a cool experience to get to know
an AFOLs 'from the other side' and learn how much we share though. I mean not
only the pond inbetween, but also different ages and different background,
different focus of interest in Lego. Your engagement for LDraw is
just stunning....

The LEGO Direct gang - Brad Justus, a pleasure seeing you again, and a
pleasure meeting (lets see if I can remember you all) Finley, Alex, Jorgen
Peter, Liz, Charlotte, and for some reason I fear I'm missing one or two
more ;-)

That have in fact been nice meetings in a very friendly atmosphere.

LEGOWORLD WAS SUCH AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!  I've been invited again for next
year, and let me say that I will do everything within my abilities to come
again!  I wouldn't miss next year for the world.  I'm already starting to
make some big plans for the gathering next year, just have to piece them
together.  I'd also like to see more Americans there - it was myself and a
few of the LEGO Direct contingency - I thought I would see more!  Its well
worth the trip, guys!

Great to hear that you enjoyed it so much! I will do anything to come along
once again. And next time I will give some of the other FGLTC'lers a kick in
the ass to join that event also.

Sleep well (and have a nice Weekend)!

Ben

P.s.: I suppose noone reacted on your request for a spontanous meeting in
Germany? I was sorry I had no time, but at least one of my visits (applying
for a new job) has been very promising...