 Local / Nippon / 74
Re: Fierce warior names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.jp
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:40:13 GMT

Hallo all! I'm Japanese LEGO-freak live in Toyko.

I'll add one episode(allegory) about King of Samurais Mr.Lamant mentioned.

NOBNAGA ODA was the first samurai king who brings all samurais in Japan under
his sway.
HIDEYOSHI TOYOTOMI was next one. He put down a riot by Mitsuhide Akechi(killing
his boss,NOBUNAGA).
IEYASU TOKUGAWA was the king after HIDEYOSHI died.His dinasty went on in 300
years.
=========
There is a bird on the tree.And it doesn't sing for some unknown reason.

NOBUNAGA ODA said,
"If it doesn't sing, I'll kill it !"

HIDEYOSHI TOYOTOMI said,
"If it doesn't sing, I'll devise methods to let it sing."

IEYASU TOKUGAWA said,
"If it doesn't sing, I'll wait until it sing."
======
There is no historical fact that they said such statements,
but many Japanese know this episode as representing their personality.
(I'm afraid that everyone can understand it by my poor English...)

A period that they ware in active(The age of Civil War) are modeled for
many novels,movies,TV-dramas and computer-war-games.

In lugnet.loc.jp, Matthew Wilkins writes:
Is Odanobunaga the guy who held the title spot in the (unwinnable yet damnably
engaging) Sega Genesis game "Nobunaga's Ambition"?

Yes. It's made by KO-EI,famous computer game(mainly,historical war game) vendor
in Japan.

Sincerely.

# Ayumi Hayase/ayucow@mvd.biglobe.ne.jp
# http://member.nifty.ne.jp/hayase/lego/