 Local / Italia / 3621
Re: lugnet.org.it ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:30:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.it, Giulio Ferrari writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Yes -- just have a representative of your club write up a brief charter
for your group (similar to the .org.au charter, for example) and it can
be set up pretty quickly once that's ready.

Butto giù qualcosa:

lugnet.org.it- general and thematic user groups for italian LEGO®
enthusiasts: important announcements, groups formation and inter-group
coordination, events and activities planning; a place to share thoughts,
ideas and resources. Please note: no market or technical posts are
allowed here.

?

Do you forsee additional Italian LEGO user groups in the future as subgroups
or ITLUG or as sister-groups?  For example, in the Australia area, there is
the potential for both a Sydney user group and an all-of-Oz user group.  For
now, they've decided to go with .org.au as a generic group/list until they
know more about the structure and naming of the specific groups.

Since ITLUG is already fully established as <http://www.itlug.org/> and an
official name and logo, etc., I would probably recommend

   lugnet.org.it.itlug
   lugnet.org.it.aaaaa
   lugnet.org.it.bbbbb

if you forsee potentially other Italian LEGO user groups in the future named
AAAAA and BBBBB (or whatever names).

In other words, the .org.xx level is designed toward supporting meta-
discussions about user groups in a particular country (.org.us, for example,
talks about user groups in the U.S.) and the .org.xx.yyyyy level is designed
toward supporting specific actual user groups.  The next level down from that
is designed toward supporting subgrous of actual user groups, for example

   lugnet.org.it.itlug           (Anything ITLUG)
   lugnet.org.it.itlug.robotics  (Anything ITLUG and robotics)
   lugnet.org.us.nelug           (Anything NELUG)
   lugnet.org.us.nelug.brikwars  (Anything NELUG and BrikWars)
   lugnet.org.ca.vlc             (Anything VLC)
   lugnet.org.ca.vlc.trains      (Anything VLC and trains)
   etc.

(Some of the above are just hypothetical examples.)

--Todd

p.s.  When your text for the group/list charter is finalised, I think it could
be helpful if it was not written purely in English only but also in Italian.