 Local / Israel / 13
Re: Wow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 16:02:18 GMT

Shiri wrote:

In lugnet.loc.il, John Neal writes:
I, too, am a big fan of Israel.  Studied there in college for a semester

Which college?

Actually, the college was St. Olaf in Minnesota.  A group of us went and lived in
the old city (The Lutheran hostel) and had professors either take us out on field
trips or come to us to teach.

and liked it so
much that I dragged my wife there for our honeymoon (we hiked around for 3
months).

Where did you go?

Where didn't we go;-)  Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Galilee, Golan,Jericho, Masada,Eilat,
down the Sinai to Nuweiba, Dahab.  We visited Tels, Churches, Roman
ruins,Kibbutzim, Tels, Roman ruins (;).  About the only place we *didn't* go is
Haifa.

It is a beautiful country;

I agree, and I'm really sad I had to leave. I'm coming back, though.

having the diversity of climate zones of the contig-US compacted into an
area the size of New Jersey.  I doubt any comparably sized parcel of land has
had anywhere
near the impact on the history of civilization that that area has (Denmark
notwithstanding;)

Yeah, Israel's the best :-) (Goooo, Israel!)
It really is surprising that all the big monotheistic religions found it as a
holy land, maybe there IS something special there... ;-D

Next year in Jerusalem,

I hope to be there(1), but my parents want to stay in the US another year. :-(
More likely it'll be:

Next year in Boston,

lol;-(

Shiri

(1) More specifically, in Kfar Vradim (Rose Village), where I've lived for the
last nine years.

Where geographically is that?

-John