 Local / European Union / 45
Re: Two points for a European Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:34:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.eu, Ardjan Besse writes:
Hi!

I was thinking about the european Legofest. I think there are two things to
check first:
- Where are the european lugnet-active AFOLers living? How many do want to
come?
- Where is the geografical center (counted by travel-cost) of this group of
people?

Hi Ardjan,
Your are good points.
And these are the reasons for Richard is keeping a list of the possible
attendees. When we'll have some more info about the number and location of the
coming AFOLs, we'll be in a better position to decide where to organize the
meeting.
But we will very likely have to accept some compromise about the location, for
as somebody pointed out very clearly the main problem is to find a local
community of AFOL strong and structured enough to make the event possible.

I live in Vienna, Austria, and am willing to travel no more than approx
1000km for the fest. (which will be no real problem, counting the fact that
Austria is rather in the center of Europe.... 8-) But when 300 people from
the UK and two from Italy want to come, it will be stupid to organize the
fest in Germany, because the total sum of travel-costs will rise...

1000km is more or less the limit I had in mind too. But I could travel a longer
distance for a well promising meeting, possibly in a location that offers
also things to see/do with my family. This wouldn't be difficult IMHO, as
Europe offers things to see/do almost everywhere :-)

Mario