 Local / European Union / 183
Re: LEGO Legend #10041 European prices and shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:38:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.eu, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
In lugnet.loc.eu, Pedro Silva writes:
Yet *again*, €5 more than the US market price. What are these €5 accounted
for? Shouldn't shipping be cheaper to the RoE from DK?

Tax pressure (V.A.T) in Europe is much higher as in North America.
If i'm not mistaken, TLC has a production facility in the USA also.

Ok, it's a valid point to explain *the existance* of a difference.

Still, we are paying the same €5 difference in both the SFSC cars and
#10041; since the base prices are different and VAT is a percentage of it,
one of two things is happening:
a) we're paying too much VAT for the cars;
b) we're paying too little VAT for the Main Street set.

Or, a third possibility: exchange variations take too long to reflect in
LEGO's prices. Given past record of this (I don't recall a price ever to
have been changeded on the website, disregarding typos and promotions), I'd
argue exchange variations don't reflect AT ALL. It's a shame, really: a mere
trimestral revision of prices could be benefical to clean up the warehouse...

Pedro