 Local / European Union / 171
Re: LEGO Legend set #10041 to Europe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:12:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.eu, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Hello all,

I've spotted the LEGO Legend set #10041 (remake of set #6390 - Main Street)
in the new UK 2003 Shop at Home catalog, price £49,99 (British Pounds). This
confirms the set will be available for European Shop at Home customers also.
We might also be first again, for the European release date the catalog
said: "Not available to ship until end of January 2003"

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

[FUT to loc.eu]

Hi Manfred,

I went to LEGO.com, and still the set is not available for order. Not even a
pricetag yet!
And that's precisely what I'm curious about: given the current exchange
rate, should we expect LEGO to offer a price in EUR similar to the one in
USD for the United States? They have done this in the past with the Guarded
Inn (and back then the exchange rate meant *we* were favoured), but ever
since that all the european prices have been considerably above its american
counterparts. Is this to change anytime soon?
What's your opinion?

Pedro