 Local / Danmark / 287
Re: Danish Brick Testament-esque nativity story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:50:55 GMT

I'd like to thank everyone who has replied, offering translation help, as
well as their thoughts on this matter: Sonnich Jensen (who replied by
e-mail), Carsten, Jacob, and Bruce.

I plan to send the website an e-mail expressing my concern, and asking for
some recognition and a link.  I know this is a lot to ask, but would anyone
consider translating this letter into Danish for me?  Barring that, if I
send this e-mail in English-only, what do you think are the chances it will
be understood.

Much appreciated,

-Rev. Smith

PS: Here is the text of the e-mail...

==============================

Greetings.

Part of your website has recently been brought to my attention due to its
striking similarity to part of my own.  Specifically I am refering to the
story of Jesus's birth as illustrated in a series of LEGO images:

http://www.ung-jul.church.dk/Englen_Gabriel.1163.0.html

While anyone can illustrate Bible stories in LEGO, in this case it is quite
clear that the work presented on your website is an image-for-image
replication of my work presented here:

http://bricktestament.com/the_gospels/jesus_is_born/mt01_18_lk01_26.html

which has been available to the public on the internet since December 2001,
and is part of my larger series of LEGO illustrated Bible stories:

http://bricktestament.com

What concerns me is that your website presents your illustrated LEGO story
as an original idea which its builder, Glenn, got on his own.  A simple
side-by-side comparison of the two websites reveals that this could not have
been the case.  Each image of Glenn's work is clearly based on one of mine,
and its telling of the Nativity story *exactly* parallels mine.

I would very much appreciate if you would give credit to Glenn's
inspiration, my website, The Brick Testament, and provide a link to it:

http://bricktestament.com

particularly the story he has made his own rendition of:

http://bricktestament.com/the_gospels/jesus_is_born/mt01_18_lk01_26.html

Thank you,

-The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith