 Local / Danmark / 176
175  |  177
Subject:
Announcement for Train Event in Braunschweig/Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:34:17 GMT

Hi Folks,

as some of you might have heared already, the FGLTC (First German Lego® Train
Club) is starting the 5th train event in Braunschweig / Northern Germany.

Braunschweig is a town right between Hannover and Berlin (and for e.g. just 415
km away from Utrecht). All you have to do is drive on the highway E30 direcly
to the airport of Braunschweig, which has an own highway connection, since a
while. The airport itself is so small that you can't miss us there. Just come
into this building:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/fgltc/4te001.jpg

You will find a map right here (sorry long link, you have to restore):
http://www.braunschweig.de/d/infos/stadtplan/sp.php3?&x=4401856&y=5798985&mx=4&
my=3&n=Lilienthalplatz+1&bn=Stadt+und+Region&bl=/d/infos/infos.fset&dx=4&dy=4&z
=1

The meeting will be dated on 28th till 30th of December 2000, but only the 29th
is meant as visitors day (at least from 10:00 till 18:00).

We plan to make up a train Layout similar than last year. Pictures of the last
years fest can be found here, to get an impression, what you will get to see.
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/fgltc/fgltc4.html
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/fgltc/fgltc4_a.html

All people are invited to come along and meet some of the German AFOLs right
here. So far there will be at least 25 AFOLs in Braunschweig on Dec. 29th.

All kind of modells are highly welcome especially MOCs (not only train related,
but certainly most people are into trains).

Another planned action is a new record for longest train with uniform
waggons (maybe even longest train ever!). We have 80 identical waggons
so far and want to loan some more for this purpose. As a result we will
get a train similar to this one, but much longer:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/fgltc/fgltc_record.html

If you want to stay overnight, you could try for example this:
http://www.etap-hotel.de/
Room for a night for 60 DM.

If you wonder, who I am:
I'm a 31 years old fan of Lego® and my main interest is in Lego® trains. If you
want to find out more about me, take a look at my Lugnet member site #448.
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=448

Kind Regards,

Ben

P.s.: if you are able to read German, you might find here some more
informations:
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/826.htm