 Local / Deutschland / 672
Re: Rheingold Express in 8-wide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 01:56:47 GMT

Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke wrote:
Hi all,

Frank 'Pudie' Abel, a co-Afol of the FGLTC has built a really beautiful
Rheingold-Express train. That was shown yesterday at the
FGLTC end-of-year-show in Hattersheim. It might appear as an ISCC II gallery
as well ( http://www.creativity-contest.net/ ), but I think it is such a great
design (have a look at the light inside!) - one should share it right now.

Take a look at it under these
URLs:

http://www.brickshelf.com
/gallery/Ben/Shows/Hattersheim2002/42_rheingoldcoach_bypudie.jpg
/gallery/Ben/Shows/Hattersheim2002/42c_rheingold_withlights.jpg
/gallery/Ben/Shows/Hattersheim2002/42b_rheingold_luggagecar.jpg
/gallery/legopapi/hattersheim-2002/028-hahe-2002.jpg
/gallery/legopapi/hattersheim-2002/023-hahe-2002.jpg
/gallery/legopapi/hattersheim-2002/024-hahe-2002.jpg

Incredible! I already had a sneak preview, but this is really AMAZING!

Other nice train models have been these:
http://www.brickshelf.com
/gallery/Ben/Shows/Hattersheim2002/39_tee_bymarmaris.jpg
A TEE train from the 60ies in tan and red

WOW! This has to be one of the best-looking MOC's wrt modelling the
streamline diesel noses as were used in the 60's in Europe. Totally
incredible and 100% life-like.

Hope both of these models will be displayed again in Muelheim or perhaps
LEGOWorld 2003 (which is definately on)

Makes me regret even more not having made the trip...
(Party lasted till 2, home at 3, did wake up at 6:45 but was in no state to
drive 350 km and back, real bummer)
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions    | http://www.vanree.net