 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 155
Re: looking for RCX v1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:47:16 GMT

Thanks to everyone who offered to get or look for sets.

The best solution of all came from Ralph H. who suggested I call
Spectrum (in Aurora)

905-841-0600

After saving all my pennies I discovered that I had most of the $360 I
needed to buy a RIS V1.0.

Here's the spectrum scoop.  they do not sell the 9719 as such. what they
do have is either an ALL DACTA version of the 9719 which has an RCX V1.0
(with the a/c adapter jack) for a price of about $300 before tax's.

OR

they will sell you JUST an RCX V1.0 (with the a/c adapter jack) for just
$163.50 before tax's

A quick bit of math tells me that for slightly more then a 9719 I could
get just 2 rcx bricks.

(grin)

So as of this writing UPS should be whisking to me not 1 but TWO RCX
bricks.....

This means that I am 1 RCX away from an all lego 12 motor 6 legged
walker.

My spectrum experience was so nice and pleasant that I would recommend
it as a way of getting extra bricks to anyone. (But  not you Jeff.  you
are not allowed to own more RCX's then me.)

Chris
Lego Walker now @
www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm