 Local / Canada / Ontario / Toronto / 144
Re: In search of cheaper LEGO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:26:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, Jeff Elliott writes:

Toronto, so I'm actually quite well placed for any East-Coast fests, such as
Brickfest - hurrah!

Er - perhaps you're a more adventurous soul than I, but BrikFest was in
Washington D.C. (or environs), and that is a teensy bit of a drive from
Toronto... about 10 or 12 hours or something?  I'd've gone, but I don't have a
car, and the rentals that weekend were exorbitant...

Maybe finding >1 driver and sharing driving and costs could work out?

And the cheapest airplane ticket I could find on short notice would have been
$800...

Yeuch! Not too bad if you are desperate to go. But you're right - Toronto seems
well placed for me mostly because it requires moderate travelling to get to a
typical East-Coast fest, whereas the UK requires quite major travelling :)

So I just looked at the webcams instead. :(

That was quite fun actually, we spent many happy hours in the chatroom
discussing the events :)  http://hifiki.tripod.com/legochat/

Richard