 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 260
Re: more mocs - cliffhouse, museum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 06:16:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Deborah Higdon wrote:
sharing my work with children is one thing, sharing with the afol community
has turned out to be something completely different. you mentioned in a
will this be happening in may?  could you let me know the details if it
happens.  i have a large moc i'm working on now and it would probably be
finished by then. however, i'm not too sure how your meetings work.  is this
something that would be shared?  i'm a newbie at sharing at the adult level.
few of my friends care, my husband takes a cursory glance and that's it.
would be interested in hearing more about the group.

thanks

-§ deborah §-

As far as I know, ParLUGment will meet next on Monday, May 3.
Unfortunately, I may not be there, since it's my sons birthday.
But if you are interested in attending, we will definitely email
you the info on where it will be (once decided), time, etc.
It would probably be around 7pm, and we would do 'show-and-tell'
first with any MOC's, and then we have started a habit in the
past 9 months of "drafting" sets.
To be honest, most of us don't have a new MOC to show regularly,
only occasionally. But there were several at the last meeting,
due mostly to the fact that we had 3 brand new AFOL's.
And as for drafting, we usually have 2 or 3 sets to split up
between us all, always keeping the cost per person below $20.
Last time I think it was more like $5 per person. And you don't
have to join in the draft if you don't want to, but it's fun.
Hope that answers some of your questions. If you have any more
questions, just post them and we'll answer them as best we can.
Also check out our humble homepage, and our group photo from
the train show, if you want to get familiar with our faces. :-)
http://www.lugnet.com/~549/ParLUGment
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/Train-Shows/Oct-03/000parlugment_names.jpg
Play well.

Tim Strutt