 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 168
167  |  169
Subject:
Amphibious tour bus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.town, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:29:17 GMT

Here are a few pictures of the LEGO amphibus I built, inspired by the ones in
Ottawa.  The colour scheme is from the Lady Dive, and the design is from the
Lady Duck (the little amphibus that I was on) and the Lady Dive.

http://www.geocities.com/dinosauria_ca/amphibus.JPG
A nice side view of the bus, which is 6 studs wide and 20 studs long- about the
maximum size for using LEGO road plates. The LEGO amphibus holds nine
mini-figures, including the driver.

http://www.geocities.com/dinosauria_ca/amphibus2.JPG
This shot shows the boat-like front of the bus.  The bottom uses special slopes
from (IIRC) a Space Police set.  Seating is Landspeeder-style (though I used
the technique before the Landspeeder). I didn't use any chairs, but the bricks
supporting the roof form the back rests.  There's a life preserver hanging on
the back of the bus.

http://www.geocities.com/dinosauria_ca/amphibus3.JPG
Here is a horrible picture of the back of the bus.  The back plate folds down
into a ramp, for the mini-figures to walk into the bus.  They can even get to
their seats without climbing over anything, unlike some recent Town sets.  The
propellors are those little 1x1 'rockets'.

Pictures of a real amphibus can be seen a www.amphibus.com