 Local / Canada / Ontario / 33
Re: Lego Stores in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:07:05 GMT

G'Day
Finally made the Bi-annual trek to St Jacobs.
Of interest I noted a new (to me anyway) StarWars EP1 combo pack, a GUNGAN
sub(7161) and Naboo Swamp(7121) packaged together, on sale for $43.99, which
is not bad seeing as the sub was $69.99 originally and I have only seen a
$50.00 sale price before at Zeller's and WAL-MART.
Also a combo pack of RockRaiders Tunnel Transport and River Expedition
(5976+4980) for $69.00, not quite as good as Wal-Mart's sale of $24.99 in
the summer, but not to bad.

Cheers
oliver
Play Well.

"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
Were there any older System sets in that warehouse (eg. Pirates, Royal • Knights,
Cowboys, Pre-Jr. Town...)?

In lugnet.robotics, Jerry Kalpin writes:
I just came back from the St Jacobs Outlet Mall, near Waterloo Ontario, • where
I discovered a Lego Store.  It is not associated with Lego (they say).
However, they do have lot quantities of kits at reduced prices, so there • must
be some connection.  Here's the interesting part:  There is a rack there • full
of Technic service kits, some with connectors, some with belts, motors,
pneumatic hand pumps, sets of fibre-optic strands, etc etc.  The kits are • ID'd
only by cat no. so you need to know ...what they are! They explained that • Lego
had closed their warehouse in Markham Ontario and had sold that inventory • to
them for disposal rather than returning it elsewhere.  For example, I • bought a
new 5225 motor for CAN$14.95 and a set of 4 shock-absorbers for CAN$4.00.

There is another such Lego Store in the Cookstown Outlet Mall, at hwy 400 • and
89.  I do not know if any of the service kits are available there.

Jerry