 Local / Canada / Ontario / 11
Re: rtlToronto page live now with Event photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 15:12:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on, Ka-On Lee writes:
And there's a link to photos we took at the May 27th event.  Anyways, please
mail me your photos.  Jin sent some to me by I deleted them by mistake while
moving them from one account to another.  Doh!

So who won the sumo match?  Rock-Ottawa I guess?

Actually no. :)  We did (kBot 9005).  However, I wouldn't put much faith in
that because the bots were extremely varied in design.  In the end, it was
probably more like a tie between us, and if you judged by technical merit,
probably Jin would have won, as we didn't have edge detection running right.
:) It was suggested (and we'll do this next time) to separate bots into
different categories.

The kBot 9005 and Rock-Ottawa were sort of matched perfectly against each
other.  On the other hand, the smaller bots were much more enjoyable to
watch.  Matches between Jin and us were like watching two forklifts dance (ie,
they'd smack into each other and stall in power against each other.)  while
matches between smaller bots were longer, drawn out, and kind of like cat and
mouse.  Not bad for a first try, but I'm sure we'll get better and better at
it.

Calum