 Local / Canada / Newfoundland / 10
Re: Zellers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.nf, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:24:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.nf, James Powell writes:
15% off sale, starting on sat.

Figures - now if they had had that sale LAST saturday, when I was actually in
Canada... :)

Actually, has anyone got advice on how to get by their standard 10% off damaged
items policy? I was interested in a Native American set they had, until I took
a closer look and noticed that it had been already built up, and the bits were
loose in the box. They'd just taped it up, and stuck it back on the shelf..

So I took the box to Customer Services, explained that 1/2 the bits were
probably missing, and could I get a discount? I was offered the same 10%
discount that the lady in front of me with the 1999 calender was offered. It's
kinda silly, I'd happily take a risk and clean up their shelves with a *proper*
discount - but for a 10% discount final sale, it isn't worth it.

I'm guessing that the Customer Services bod is authorised to offer 10% only,
but has anyone had any success in getting past this? What are the key phrases
needed?

Richard