 Local / Canada / British Columbia / Vancouver / 76
75  |  77
Subject:
First Meeting a success!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:00:31 GMT

Greetings and salutations,

We had the most wonderful time last night -- with the first member
meeting of the Vancouver Lego Club.  If those who attended the meeting
are an example of what AFOL's are like, we are very proud and honored to

be amongst such spectacular people.

Thanks to Denzil, for her assistance in getting things set up.  She also

brought along the film crew, a la Adventurers, complete with her
individualized mini figs.  For someone who only a couple months ago got
into Lego, she certainly has the passion and zeal of an old timer.

Kevin arrived right on time, bringing with him his monorail and numerous

train hoppers.  It was great to see the monorail setup amongst the train

tracks.  Kevin also gifted us with his very detailed Lego three-story
home -- everything and more than any mini fig could possibly ask for in
a domicile.

Robin and his lovely partner brought with them wonderful stories imbued
with lifelong Lego passion.  Never will we forget the story about the
gentleman whose furnishings comprised completely of Lego blocks. Don't
forget to purchase that Lego book from Chapters.

Claus came a long way to the meeting, bringing along some vintage space
Lego (drool)!  Certainly one of the most fortunate, he has been able to
procure inexpensive Lego from sources none of us could ever find Lego at

-- I imagine Claus beat us all to the punch.

TFM showed off his RCX train, an MOC train tanker, and newly built train

hopper.  A demanding man at the helm of train conducting, he caused a
couple of derailments -- the imperviousness of Lego is a wonderful thing

:-)

Xandria shared her view of the New Castle Lego as well as sharing her
Belleville Witch Cottage set.  She also handed out membership cards.

Lego was built.  We played "guess the year in which this and that piece
were made".  We talked about being AFOLS, the future of Lego,
juniorization and so much more.  Lots of Lego was played with and fawned

over.  TFM & Xandria caused some horror in the others when they revealed

a cut up grey base plate (used to embellish the grey non Lego mountain
which accompanied a Fright Night set).

Thanks to everyone from making this a successful first meeting!

TFM & Xandria

[Follow up's to lugnet.org.ca.vlc]