 Local / Canada / 553
552  |  554
Subject:
Latest Visit to St. Jacob's LEGO Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:54:41 GMT

G'day folks,

While on vacation recently I made a another run to the LEGO outlet
store in St. Jacob's, Ontario, Canada (north of Kitchener-Waterloo).
Unfortunately for my VISA card, they happened to have the 8458
Silver Champion there.  Like all regular merchandise in the store
it was priced at 10% below "MSRP", or Cdn$225 (US$153).  Since
I figured the chance of it ended up at other stores and hanging
around long enough for a sale were low, I snapped one up.  This
set is maaaaassive!  Biggest LEGO box I've ever seen!  :]

Other things of note at the store:

- Full line of Mindstorms sets seems to be available, including
some I've never seen anywhere at TRU, etc.

- They sell track packs for 9V trains.  There was a sale price
on the controllers.

- TONS of the 3411 Team Bus soccer sets.  You could start a
LEGO transit system..., and use the soccer balls to recreate
scenes from "Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark"  :]

- For clearance stuff they had a good pile of Divers sets.
Good/rare ones like the 6441 Deep Reef Refuge.  I didn't
record the prices, but they were very good discounts.

- They also had a bunch of the Belville stuff, I think it was
on clearance as well.  Or maybe it was Paradisa, I dunno, I
can't tell the difference  :]

- There were also some TimeThingies sets <ugh> on clearance.

Aynhow, if you really want the hard facts, here's the contact
info:

Countryside Toy Outlet
St. Jacobs Factory Outlet Mall
25 Benjamin Road, Waterloo
Ontario, Canada  N2V 2G8
(519) 746-5346
James Boudreau (Manager?) cto@on.aibn.com

I don't think these folks ship anywhere, but if you find
out they do, please let us all know!

Thanx,
KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada