 Local / Canada / 545
Re: An Aussie in Canada...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:39:27 GMT

Speaking for Edmonton, by your definitions below, you may have to deal with
"cold" just about every day, and it often descends into "freezing" overnight.
Typical highs for this time of year are high teens and low twenties.  You won't
see "warm" at all, and Canada never gets "hot".

For the moutainous parts of your foray (Whistler, Jasper, Banff), I'd definately
suggest packing for "cold", since night comes early in the mountains, and the
temperature can drop like a rock.

On the plus side, it's fairly unheard of for the temperature to descending into
actual freezing until mid to late October around here, and it doesn't usually
stay there until November.

:)

James

"Kev...: )" wrote:

G'day Canada....
I'll be over in Canada in 3 weeks....and I wonder if anyone can help me....??
What will the weather and temperature be like for all September and the start
of October....??
I'll be visiting Vancouver.... Whistler.... Calgary... Edmonton.... Jasper...
Banff... Drumehller....Montreal....Quebec City....and Toronto.....!!!!

If someone can help me, as we're trying to work out what to pack, coming from
Australia, anything under +15 Celcius is cold....and anything under +10
Celcius is freezing to us....ha ha ha.....but warm is around +30 to +35
Celcius, and hot is around +48 to +50 Celcius...!!!

Thanx