 Local / Canada / 333
Re: Zellers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:19:15 GMT

Kurt Williams wrote:

In lugnet.loc.ca.nf, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca.nf, James Powell writes:
15% off sale, starting on sat.

Figures - now if they had had that sale LAST saturday, when I was actually in
Canada... :)

Actually, has anyone got advice on how to get by their standard 10% off • damaged
items policy? I was interested in a Native American set they had, until I took
a closer look and noticed that it had been already built up, and the bits were
loose in the box. They'd just taped it up, and stuck it back on the shelf..

So I took the box to Customer Services, explained that 1/2 the bits were
probably missing, and could I get a discount? I was offered the same 10%
discount that the lady in front of me with the 1999 calender was offered. It's
kinda silly, I'd happily take a risk and clean up their shelves with a • *proper*
discount - but for a 10% discount final sale, it isn't worth it.

I'm guessing that the Customer Services bod is authorised to offer 10% only,
but has anyone had any success in getting past this? What are the key phrases
needed?

Hmm.. some of the stores in Toronto will put items like that on clearance...
anywhere from 30-50% off. I picked up an 8277 for 30 something plus tax. The
packaging was opened... after going through all the pieces.. nothing was
missing.. except for the decal sheet. I wonder if the Zellar 15% off applys on
top of clearance.. if so I may have to go back and clean them out of 8277's
just for beams and widgets and stuff.

Yes it does. I grabbed some 3038's for $25.50 at the 15% off sale. Were marked $30.

Dean