 Local / Canada / 2585
Re: Canadian sales week of May 3-9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2013 14:17:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Gail Meagher wrote:
I live closer to a future Target, but it isn't scheduled to open until the fall,
so I wasn't even thinking of it.  Thanks Andrew.

The Target flyer shows 30% off LEGO Hulk's Breakout set.  They do not tell you
the price though.

As well, you can get 5% off all your Target purchases with either a Target debit
card (linked to a personal chequing account), or a Target RBC Mastercard.

-----------------

I was lucky enough back in March to vistit 2/3 of the Target stores in Canada
(they only had 3 open at the time) in Fergus and Guelph ON.  The stock on the
shelves was still a little sparse, but it was nice to see some of the "Target
Exclusive" sets sitting on a shelf.  The prices were pretty much in line with
the prices you see at Walmart so there were no real bargains.  Hopefully now
that they are a bit more established some good sales will be coming up.

It is too bad that they didn't take over the Zellers locations in some of the
smaller markets. It's a real missed opportunity. I drive past the now empty
Zellers store at least once a week and would likely stop in regularly if it was
a Target store, now there's just the nearby Walmart.

PS Walmart is rolling back and clearing out some of the older stock:
Series 2 Starwars planet sets $8
Mandalorian starfighter $40
Gungan sub $50
Attack on weathertop $50