 Local / Canada / 1998
Re: S@H Exchange Rate?!?! (was Re: BNSF high balls it!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 00:18:07 GMT

Man, where did you pick up that code !!  I made a big order and chose your
catalogue code (h4ce6) instead of free shipping if order over 99$ and I
saved :

40$can on the airport 10159
30$can on the front loader 8439
50$can on the Y-wing 10134
10$can on the train motor 10153

Obviously I had to pay shipping, but it does offset the exchange rate a bit,
thanks.

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Wilson wrote:

SNIP

Simple. Canadians complained about having prices in US$. Lego changed to
pricing for Canadians in CN$. When they decided to switch, the exchange rate
was about 1.5 (earlier, it was even 1.6!). The rate has been falling ever
since, now about 1.2.

It doesn't seem practical for TLC to keep changing the CN$ prices as the
exchange rate moves up and down. You could try asking them to change back to
US$ pricing for Canadians.... but don't complain then when the rate moves
and we're paying 1.6 again.

There is no answer which will please everyone.

Currently there's a Canadian catalog code h4ce6 which gives substantial
discounts on over 200 items, which might ease the pain a bit.

Kevin
Farmhouse kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-farm.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm