 Local / Canada / 1891
Re: toysrus.ca
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 15:40:16 GMT

"Kyle D. Jackson" <missioncontrol@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca> writes:

Neat-er, I just noticed that TRU Canada now has a real shopping website,
as opposed to the flyer-only service they had before.  (Took 'em long enough.)

Which is a page that does absolutely nothing without evil Javascript
turn on.

Ok, so I turn it on: my browser (ancient Netscape 4.72) says the Javascript
has a syntax error.

Ok, so I paste in the redirected URL. It gets me an empty pale blue page
and an infinite loop in my Netscape. Something tells me I won't be doing
any online shopping from there!

(I know, I should upgrade - but that would require an OS upgrade as well,
and I don't want to do that until I buy a new computer, and I want to get
a 3 GHz Athlon-64, which won't be until at least next year. Some of the
newer pages at shop.lego.com don't work for me anymore either.)

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/