 Local / Canada / 1623
RE: TRU SW and Bionicle LEGO sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 16:13:02 GMT

Hi,

There is a good selection of StarWars sets here at the Kitchener TRU.  I
went for the sale and came back empty handed ... I just couldn't justify
buying anything at these prices.  They had the Tantive for $300, I think the
Tie Interceptor was $150 and Yoda for $169.  Even after the discount (and I
don't know about buying three of these big sets) the price is not that
great.

I think I was spoiled by their pre-Christmas Soccer sale :(

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Jude Beaudin
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 10:32 AM
To: lugnet.loc.ca@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: TRU SW and Bionicle LEGO sale

I just went to my local TRU and it looks like they might have pulled all
2003 SW sets off of the shelves, they weren't there and they're spaces were
convienently filled older sets, mostly 740x. :-(

The good news is they have a bunch of older sets so I was able to get the
Twin Pod Cloud cars I wanted.

Jude

In lugnet.loc.ca, Gail Meagher writes:
Greetings,

Sale at TRU (1) from Saturday Feb. 8th to Friday the 14th.  Buy two get
one free for "all LEGO Star Wars construction sets or ANY 9.99 Toas or
Bohroks.  Item must be of equal or lesser value.  While quantities
last.  No rainchecks or substitutions."

Works out to potentially 33% off.

Gail Meagher

(1) for any Americans reading this, it is in the .ca (Canada) newsgroup,
and applies to TRU Canada stores only.