 Local / Canada / 1616
Re: SW Mini Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:05:40 GMT

Thanks Bob for the heads up.
I've been reading about these mini Star Wars set on lugnet.
I understand that this tie fighter set is only available thru
promotional offers and are difficult to come by. I have seen them
selling for more than $10. US on eBay.
I live a short distance from the store, so I headed over there today
and purchased a few of the new Star Wars sets (near full retail - that
I otherwise would have bought at a Zellers BOGO sale) and received two of
the mini tie sets. I am happy I had the opportunity to get at least one of
these.

Kevin

In lugnet.loc.ca, Robert Horvath writes:
Hi,

I was at the LEGO Outlet in St. Jacob's, Ontario today and got one as a
promotion item.  They had a sign on the counter that if you bought $20 worth
of Star Wars, you received one free.

The one I received was the Tie Fighter.  I gave it to my son and he quite
enjoyed it...he's looking forward to the whole mini-series.  I asked the
clerk if they had any others and she mentioned that she thought they would
be coming sometime in January.

Bob

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada