 Local / Canada / 1510
Re: Megablok Sale at Sears Today 50% Off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:57:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Jude Beaudin writes:
In lugnet.loc.ca, Robert Horvath writes:
Hi,

Just a heads up...a one day sale today September 11 on Megabloks at Sears in
Canada.

All Megablok products are coming up 50% off.  I just got a bunch of Dragon
Warrior items for the kids and the USS Kitty Hawk for me...$49.99...lots of
grey 2 x 4's.

Bob

The only problem is, it's Megabloks!?!

You'd be surprised just how good Megabloks is getting.   Chris and I were at
TRU today and found a new Megabloks submarine set-2450 pieces for like $90.
It has more grey pieces you can shake a stick at, all the curves were
digitized curves-ie, made of square pieces, and even came with a funny
little console which says things like "Dive!  Dive!" and gives off siren and
alarm sounds.

We know it's not Lego quality, but then of course, is Lego quality those new
Xtreme sets with ridiculously low piece counts and high MSRPs? :)

Calum