 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / 163
Re: To all residents of perth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:26:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
The target store in bulcreek has sets #8509,8510,8511,8512,8513,8514 aka
the roboriders. They had all of them except 8514 power. They also had 2
of the dinosaur adventurers sets (very small ones, dont know the # but
they dont have any dinos in them :( ) They did have the roborider
accessory wheels pack and 1 of the 3 new throwbots and also most of the
2000 SW, including all 3 droids.

I had to have those Droids!  Although I was disappointed that one of the
flex cables in the Destroyer Droid I bought had no end to it!  This makes it
impossible to lock into the flex system joints.  But a phone call to Lego
for a replacement has hopefully solved my problem.
The alternate models (speeder bike-pit droid, AT-ST-battle droid) are very
cool.

<snip>

The roboriders come in a plastic "can". I didn't get any of them but
they look good. 8511 frost has 2 spears. You might say who gives a
stuff. But these spears are in transparent blue :)

I bought Frost and a few SW sets at TRU a couple of weeks back when they
had 20% off Lego.  It's the best looking of the bunch IMHO, but finding
alternate uses for some of the elements will be a challenge.
I'm also using the can to store my stock of old wheels and future cans
will hold the rest.

8509 swamp has 2 teal(?) ninja katanas
8512 dust has the silver aquazone harpoons, 2 of them
8510 lava doesnt have anything special except for 2 of those fancy
castle axes. I cant tell what color they are from the pictures, they
could be grey, dk grey or black but they look more like dk grey to me.
8513 onyx has 2 red lightsaber blades
8514 power has nothing much of interest

Just thought I would pass this info on, if 1 target has them mabie your
local target does as well.

I find Target to be the most expensive source of Lego, even when they
discount!  TRU and Toyworld have the best selection, and a few good specials
now and then.
Does anyone know if you can still get the Millenium Slizer anywhere?
I saw a few at the beginning of the year and I put off buying one thinking
they'd be around for a while.  Anyone?

Braith.