 Local / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane / 167
Re: BUGS Meet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 23:39:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, Peter Parsons writes:
Hi All
     After many Emails and much deliberation the decision is the Date will
remain the 23/7 (sorry Zac). the theme will be either "Western" or "Pirates"
please refrain from a combo as I think it would look awfull.

I'll be there with plenty indians.
What's wrong with "Western Pirates" I'm sure they had boats in the "Wild WEST",
they just put wheels on them!

venue is my place in Goodna I will post out the address via Email today if I • miss anyone
please pass it on.lunch will be a Barbie but please bring any drinks you
require.

gary has submitted an Idea for a contest I second it and we will see how
well it goes on the day (Gary any size restrictions)

No size restriction; here are the rules in draft only at this stage;

deas for a Building competetion.

- The host picks the theme. In this case Western or Pirates
- People build their creation/s and bring it to the next BUG meet. No size
restriction.
-  Everybody can enter but to enter you need to pay the entrance fee
(explained later)
-  The entrance fee is 3 pieces of lego, any pieces you want, whatever you
have heaps of.
-  Everybody who enters gets 3 votes.
-  Each entry gets a box put near it 5cm x 5cm x 5cm (I'll supply the
boxes)
-  To vote you place a piece of lego in the corresponding box of the model
you like, you can't choose you own (even if you do think it is the best!)
-  You can place 1 or all of your 3 peices in the one box or 1 piece in 3
different boxes.
-  The winner is the person with the most lego pieces and their prize is
the lego pieces in their box.
-  Runners up get the peices in their corresponding boxes.

Not too complicated but might be a bit of fun, what do you think? let me
know some feedback and I will draft the official rules.

Gary Quinlan
Town BUG, venturing into pirates and space