 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 333
Re: Next meeting Venue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:08:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Richard Parsons writes:
I'm guessing these prices are per head?

The prices were per hour regardless of the number of people (as long as the
venue's capacity isn't exceeded). So I'd guess that it's in our interest to get
more people along to reduce the costs, confirmed attendances anyhow.

Lets play hypothetical.

A meet lasting from 12-6pm @ a small meeting hall of 30 people capacity on a
weekend would come to about $102. If we get 10 people coming along (and thats
fairly optimistic) thats $10 per head. Then we'd decide to follow on whether
we'd add more in to buy food/drinks, or make it BYO.

I have no problem with this amount, but I feel if there's a cheaper way of
doing things then lets go with the cheaper option.

Maybe this brings us back to where Peter and I seem to be, which is that his
or my place might be sensible, in terms of space, parking, facilities etc.

re http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/nsw/syd/?n=315 (and replies)

Peter and I are content to take it turn and turn about, and anyone who wants
to put their hand up can have a turn too ;-) Turnwise that would make the
next one here, but here is near Mittagong and I'm wide open to people
telling me its just too far to come.  Peter has already said he's happy to
host again if my place is too far.

We're thankful to you both for offering :-)

But I can see that as we get bigger, and Brickwars becomes a minefield
(literally) we may want to move up to bigger spaces including waist high tables
for war-waging. I know having waist high displays makes the trains more
interesting and there'd be less apologising for trains running late and out of
timetable order causing much regretted inconvenience.

Perhaps its best left until we somehow have more people joining us so we can
reduce overall costs.

I'm still on the prowl for venues though, I'm away this weekend in Albury
again, but am on holidays all next week to prowl some more.

Santosh