 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 175
Re: Where did you lot spring from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 14:11:55 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Mark Harrison writes:
I haven't checked out Lugnet....Syd for months, I had lost hope that
there was any reasonable lego presence in Australia. WA had a bit of
life then died away and the rest seem to be a waste of time, so why have
all the legomaniacs been drawn to Sydney?

Mark,
You should just monitor loc.au, since that's where a lot of our babbling
occurs, if you monitor just the state groups you will probably be very
lonely, I have seen you posting in Qld and WA and wondered why you hadn't
spoken up in loc.au. We post mainly in loc.au because issues that concern
us are an Australia-wide problem (two guesses). So we're posting sale news
and stock levels of our favourite themes.

Are any of you based in Brisbane?

Mostly Sydney,but Kerry who posted recently is in Brisbane and Aaron who has
a nice new site to do with rescue/emergency type vehicles (you should check
it out) is on the Gold Coast.

I had a look at the LegOz pictures that Richard put up, very nice.

The LegOz meetings have certainly got the gossip galloping, once you put a
face to a name your more likely to get involved in most threads happening.
Have any of you Brisbanites got together at all ?
We have been terrorising the toy shelves in packs, with one or two AFOL's
in tow Lego obsession becomes the norm and you act accordingly.

I've been accummulating lego for about five years now from all over
Australia. I've reached the stage where I had too much and my wife made
the ultimatum, either the lego goes or she goes. So I did what any lego
maniac would do, negoiated to keep half of it, naturally the trains and
town. So Barbara is happy and my credit cards aren't in need of mouth to
mouth.

Five years ? You must have found some interesting things in that time.
What do you think was your prize find ? The cupboard looks pretty bare now,
at least in NSW and VIC, what was the situation like 5 years ago ?
Do you have a big setup with trains and town integrated ?

Has anyone ever seen a 7750 or 7760 in Australia?

so stay tuned and join the chat,
pete.w