 Local / Australia / 9972
Re: LEGO at Scienceworks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:28:23 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
G'day

I spent some time in Melbourne over the weekend,

and you didn't call & say hello???????

including a visit to the
Scienceworks museum at Spotswood.

In a display in the children's area of Scienceworks they have a model of
Melbourne (around 2m square). Most of the important buildings are scale (or
perhaps scale-ish) replicas of the real thing, but the less important
suburbs are filled in using LEGO bricks. The buildings are macro scale,
usually a 2xn brick topped with a roof peak.

Luna Park at St Kilda beach is a replica of the smiling face, but the
merry-go-round/carousel inside is represented by a pair of LEGO decorated
4x4 dishes (Paridisa umbrellas IIRC).

Hmmm. Several years since I visited - looks like it's time to visit again! Did
they have Jeff's Shed and the Bolte Bridge?

Nice museum too (don't miss the planetarium or the tour of the pumping
station and the sewerage strainers!).

Sounds enticing....

For more info visit http://scienceworks.museum.vic.gov.au

ROSCO