 Local / Australia / 14349
Re: LEGO at Scienceworks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:48:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   G’day

I spent some time in Melbourne over the weekend, including a visit to the Scienceworks museum at Spotswood.

In a display in the children’s area of Scienceworks they have a model of Melbourne (around 2m square). Most of the important buildings are scale (or perhaps scale-ish) replicas of the real thing, but the less important suburbs are filled in using LEGO bricks. The buildings are macro scale, usually a 2xn brick topped with a roof peak.

Luna Park at St Kilda beach is a replica of the smiling face, but the merry-go-round/carousel inside is represented by a pair of LEGO decorated 4x4 dishes (Paridisa umbrellas IIRC).

Well, after five years I thought it was time to go back and take some pics:

Cheers

Richie Dulin