 Local / Australia / 9960
RE: typos and ebay -- watch out!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:29:58 GMT

Heh.
That reminds me of a time when I nearly got a bloke to bid US$2500 for a
kids' toy! I was cruising ebay for rebreather auctions, when I found one
that was an accessory for the GI Joe action figure. It was a remarkably
detailed accessory, from all angles, and was selling for only $6, so I
posted it to the rebreather list, thinking that some might get a laugh
out of it. However...

----------------------------------
David Drew wrote:
Hi,
I was cruising ebay earlier, and saw this remarkably cheap Drager
LAR-V.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1726026720

Is this what they mean by 'deco toys'?

Geezus, you almost got me on that one!  I was within about a
second of hitting "submit" on a $2,500 bid when I noticed
the category the "rebreather" was advertised under.

Gotta run - I'm in the middle of negotiating a killer
deal to purchase a highly profitable East River vehicular overpass
structure in downtown Manhattan...

-Will

I laughed myself silly over that one. Remember kids, always check the
category of the auction! Of course, it helps if the seller puts a decent
description up with the auction.

David Drew