 Local / Australia / 9760
Re: Dark Side Developer Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:12:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
Dick Smith have reduced it to $69.84.

That's a tad under 12.1 cents per piece. Sale ends October 20.

These sets seem pretty hard to move....

I bought it at around $100 and still think it was a bargain at that price. I
desperately want another at this incredible price, but i guess i should pay
rent first...
I have always thought the set was fantastic. And my two daughters (see
attendees at brickfest xiv) loved it as a pet dog [some simple modification
to the head gave it cute ears, and it does not need house training].
Someone, please buy my another one.

Thanks for the heads up dude.  I am not a technic fan per se, but it does
look like a bargain, and having read the handy comments and warnings on the
the 'before you spend your dough' page
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mdata.cgi?q=9754_1&v=n picked up one of these
today.  Yet to build, but it looks pretty good so far.  Offhand the
microscout reminds me of the pullback motors - really good if you have just
the right applications, otherwise just a great big block.

oh, and it was this dark side developer kit which provided almost all the
parts in the robot i built (again see brickfest xiv)

Three books of instructions for nine different models designed to improve
your skills - cool :-)  3 of the models even look interesting!

And if nothing else, this set is choc-a-block with pieces for dressing your
starships ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...

Cheers, Robert