 Local / Australia / 9753
9752  |  9754
Subject:
Lego Imagination show - Wellington NZ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 08:07:16 GMT

G'day all!  Well I'm here in cold... windy and wet Wellington.  Don't ask me
how I survive... I just know I need to come back home to thaw out soon
(getting close to Ice Berg status).  Well I've been for the typical wonder
around and we stumbled across the Lego Show my Mum told me about.

Luckily my Daggy Brother came along and made the day even more fun ;)  We
did take some silly pics and had a little fun in the Imagination show.
Anyway it costs $4 for adults to get in (hey... the one in Aussie was
free!).  But I picked up some groovy little Lego pop-up cards that have the
Beehive parliment house, in which they also had in Lego too!.  They also had
some exciting free Magazines...

(following prices are in NZ$$)

The Lego store they had set up was fairly cool!  Lego is sooooooo expensive
here... I freak at the prices.  The Lego specials they had at the shop are
great though! not on everything but on selected items... I dunno what some
of the set numbers are... but they had Bob the Builder set (largish with
'Muck'? the red vehicle) which was $29.  Tie Fighter & Y-wing $39.95.  UCS
sets, both $99 each.  6096 Bulls Attack (Castle) $39.  R2D2 smaller version
$29.  Darth Vader $49.

So there ya have it... I've taken pics and will post once I get home and get
them developed! :)

Hafta go now...  This daylight saving thing is driving me nuts :P  (I had to
change my watch to 2 more hours when I arrived... the day after I had to add
another hour!... on Thursday morning I have to go back 3 hours!... rather
messy)...

Looking forward to coming home... Mel :)

NZ... more sheep than grass!