 Local / Australia / 9690
Re: Australia Post users - beware of your bank!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:33:37 GMT

I have permanantly boycotted useage of the Commonwealth bank for any of my
banking needs.  Their service has continuously been of a low standard, with
waits of nearly an hour in some cases for an over the counter transaction of
any kind.  They slugged me with rates that were unnacceptable, and have
provided inadequate services (their internet banking does not even allow
transfers outside the Commonwealth system).  When the realisation of how
poor their service was, and how many hidden fees were included in their
system, I promptly withdrew all of my money, politely said I would not be
banking with the Commonwealth ever again and walked out.  I started a new
savings account with Westpac, with whom I have been very happy.  Their
customer service is above par and their internet facilities are sufficient.

Another bank I will thoroughly recommend is the Bank of Queensland.  I
currently have a personal loan with them and they have always been very
prompt in answering my enquiries, flexible in terms of payments, and have
had very good service every time I have been there.

-Stephen Hurn