 Local / Australia / 968
967  |  969
Subject:
Take 5, Leave 5, take that.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 02:47:37 GMT

Disclaimer:P.White does not regularly read this magazine or recommend it's
use apart from use as a bird cage bottom liner or toilet reading or something
you may find under someones coffee table and read when the conversation
enters a really slow period - thankyou.

In this week's ACP publication Take 5 (see disclaimer) there is an article,
headed 'I'll do my BLOCK over Lego' (ho,ho,ho).

It discusses the family of Frank Adam and Ruth Harding and their two children,
Tristan and Georgia, residents of Paddington, an eastern suburb of Sydney.

Frank bought Tristan some Lego and it went followed the usual course.
Father buys son present, then pinches toy back, you know how this goes...
Looking thru classified ads, studied catalogues, rang Lego (ha,ha,ha), he has
accumulated a modest stockpile.

Building competitions start intra-family, daughter gets interested yada yada..

Ruth bans pirate ships from the mantel piece, prefers candlesticks.
(Hmmm, why are NLSO's so unkind)

It climaxes with Ruth driving Georgia to school with an alien MOC, and she
drops it walking across the playground and mother and daughter re-assemble
on the spot.

Here is a quote direct from Kate Dwyer's article,

'Today, Ruth is still happy to share her home with her family's Lego
collection."It is an amazing toy. The kids get loads of enjoyment out
of it. As for Frank, I think he'll always play with it !"    [the Lego]
she adds good-naturedly.
"I don't want to join their Lego craze, but I can appreciate the
enjoyment they get from it. And, as long as it doesn't take over the
whole house, I'm happy for it to stay !"

other articles/offers from the magazine,
- 'I can't stop eating my son' ???... hang on ..I can't stop my son eating.
- 'Our family's curse travelled through time'
- '14 top jumpers' (I thought jumpers were tops !)
- 'YUMMY comfort food' (mmmmm...donuts, no! you actually have to cook !)
- '1,128 HOT PRIZES !'

All the above and more for $2 AUD = US$1.14.

Frank, if your reading this LegOz 2000.3 is on this Sunday.

pete.w (I admit to reading New Weekly on a regular basis, just to see
Jennifer Love Hewitt without makeup, Cameron Diaz's latest public sitings,
and stories on Gwyneth Paltrow and her yoga mat)