 Local / Australia / 9629
Re: New Harry Potter sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 04:02:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
By retailers, do you mean US/Canadian retailers, or do you mean that all
retailers worldwide will have the sets...and if US/Canada, can you please
remember that there are people in other countries who will want them and
could become rather upset if they saw this post and assumed it meant their
country.
We try very very hard to keep all countries in mind for each and every
program, product, and project that we untertake.
These new HP products should be available in all countries in which the
movie is coming out before December 1st (which is most). These products have
a shelf date of Sept. 20th. HOWEVER, LEGO cannot guarantee and push
retailers to do just that. It is their store, and they can do as they
choose. If they want to delay putting them up, then that's up to them. Of
course, I'm sure they will be jumping at the chance to have HP on shelves ASAP!

I think you'll often find that the retailers don't delay, but simply (such
as in Australia) they haven't even got the sets yet.
Having spoken a sales rep for my local BigW (think local version of
Wal-mart) November is a much more likely date than four days ago. Ben's
point is ligitimate. Perhaps if it was a post refering to the sets being
available through Shop@home now (which they're not, in Australia, shown but
"NOT AVAILABLE") then there may be reason for a diffinitive "OUT NOW" post.
On the other hand, thanks for the heads up, we'll keep a look out for them
and read the reviews here as we wait.

James (who is looking forward to both the movie and the new sets)