 Local / Australia / 9575
9574  |  9576
Subject:
A visit to Andrastavia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 07:30:44 GMT

G'Day,

My wife, Beth, and daughter, Hazel, and I visited Andrastavia along with
James Howse today.

The pics have been good, but nothing compares to seeing it in the ABS - and
what an amount of ABS there is! Kev's city is impressive for both its size
and its detail (favourites with me were the woman emptying out a pot from a
first (US second) floor window into the street and the man in stocks in the
main square (complete with a rotten tomato thrown at him - a 1x1 red round)).

Of course it wasn't just us that went along. Capitaine Jacques Legeaux lead
an exhibition from Port Brique aboard the Mdme Thenardier, powered not by
sail, but by one of Leonard of Billund's transportational devices.

Pics were taken... here's a sneak preview:

www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/VisitToAndrastavia/real6.jpg

The city is scheduled for destruction soon... so it was great to have the
opportunity to see it before it dissappears for good.

Thanks for the opportunity and the hospitality, Kev!

Cheers

Richie