 Local / Australia / 9539
Re: Some stuff I've built
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 07:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Braith Garden writes:
Thanks Richie,

The ute is far from finished, there's still lots of chassis and drivetrain
work to do and I'm not happy with some areas such as the doors.  I'll post
new pics as soon as I do some more work on it.  I've been using workshop
manuals and lots of Street Machine mags to get the proportions right.  Its
started life as a HK model but slowly morphed into a HZ.

I sent the link to my Dad, who's not a great LEGO fan, but certainly knows his
Holdens. He was impressed.

It's great to see some Australian icons being made from LEGO.  Who's going
to build a Hill's Hoist or Victa Lawn Mower?
The Hill's Hoist might take some parts (tubes in tubes) that LEGO hasn't made
(yet), but a Victa mower is a definite possibility.

That head was fun to build, I sat down and made a nose and it sort of built
itself after that!  The ears waggle as well.

I was pretty stoked when I found DAT files for the wheels to complete the
Scorcher.  Still some steering parts missing but it looks complete in the
renderings.

Glad you liked what you saw and hoped you enjoyed the South West!

Besides the wind and the rain (and there was a *lot* of each!) it seemed like a
pretty good place (and with four LEGO outlets, you can't really go wrong!).
Friendly folk too.

Cheers

Richie Dulin