 Local / Australia / 9451
Re: (was: Kmart 20% off Toys) different RBR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:43:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Brad Linsley writes:
Ad on the tele. Till this Friday. For those with Myer cards, Myer has been
sending out $15 Kmart vouchers (buy $100 or more to be valid), so LEGO is
cheaper again.

Also, regarding the RBR posts, this may have already been mentioned but the
RBR was available through retail chains for a limited time. TRU for $109 and
Toyworld for $119.

Wrong RBR, on the other thread, RBR stands for Rebel Blockade Runner,
not the Red Beard Runner which had the casually used acronym first.
I'm sure the Red Beard Runner was known as something else in Aus catalogues,
Dark Shark ? Not as catchy perhaps.

I've got an old catalogue at home that has the 'Dark Shark' in it. On
looking up the set number on LUGNET it turns out this was an alternative
name for the Black Seas Barracuda.

The Red Beard Runner (6289) was rereleased as the Pirate Battle Ship (6290).
Toyworld in Wynnum still has them on sale for $99 if anyone's interested.

Anyone know when the next KMart 15% off sale is? I don't have a Myer card,
nor do I have any pressing reason to spend $100 there, but I'm itching to
get the TIE fighter set.