 Local / Australia / 9416
Re: Valuations for Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:10:02 GMT

My husband was keen to get my Lego collection valued separately to our usual
house and contents insurance as I have most 12V trains and technic sets.
When contacted, our insurance company wanted a list of all sets and an
estimate of value to be done by myself. Newer sets eg Santa Fe and other
train sets recently purchased through S&H were valued at recommended retail
price. Older sets eg most of my 1980's train and technic sets were valued at
recent eBay prices or if not found through eBay at what I thought was a fair
price. Not the ideal way, but at least the collection was valued and I also
put in a value on loose pieces, train track and motors that were not
included in the set list. My insurer was happy with this and my husband got
a shock as the estimated total was more than $20 000!!!