 Local / Australia / 9307
Re: New section of .loc.au page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:07:53 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I've added another section to the .loc.au page called "Aussie Icons in • LEGO"
for all those uniquely Australian icons rendered in LEGO.

May I offer up a series of Australian mini-icons in Lego:

Take a red 2x4 brick, photograph it and call it "Ayers Rock (Uluru)".

D'oh!  I thought of making up a "Welcome to Austbrickalia" and using a 2x4
red brick in a normal background setting of the Uluru, and making some icons
outta LEGO... but there ya go ;)....

I have a Australia (LEGO) flag... and I have something in mind to bring
along to the next LUGOZ 2003*... which is a Aussie Icon (well a couple
actually ;P)

Drop a small pile of red 1x2 bricks on the floor (some to stand on end).
"The Olgas"

Drop a small pile of 1x1 red bricks on the floor (some to balance on top of
one another). "The Devil's Marbles"

Take some white roof ridge with overhangs
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=3049 and call it "Sydney
Opera House".

Put a 2x2 round tan brick onto a 2x4 tan brick and call it "Fort Denison".

Kerry

* more about that later...

Mel (waiting.... waiting... waiting....)