 Local / Australia / 9253
  Building experience with a non-AFOL

I had a friend come over yesterday who isn't into LEGO at all, she thought it would be interesting (and that it was) to have a go at building, well that was sure interesting! Her brother who also came over and was into LEGO, he knew exactly what to (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Building experience with a non-AFOL

(...) I'm teaching remedial math in summer school to a tough crowd of kids who either got expelled or failed or dropped out during the year. I brought in Mega-Bloks culled out of used LEGO finds to substitute for algebra tiles (they give us (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Building experience with a non-AFOL

(...) I'm not surprised an adult without Lego experience would have trouble with building with Lego. Most of us learned the basic techniques as kids by using Lego's instructions and then lots of experimenting. Even as an adult, I am constantly (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)