 Local / Australia / 9050
9049  |  9051
Subject:
Ep II Technic Battle Droid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:02:38 GMT

Not bad guys.

Picked one (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8012) up today in a fit of
depression, and it worked! Depression's all gone!

Pity its the same height as the Ep I BD - any diaramas are going to have to
include the EP I BD worse for wear (lying on the ground or in the process of
falling over :-)

Some very interesting pieces including a click, tilt and swivel joint.  I am
not even going to have a stab at describing it - go look carefully at the
ankles on the box.  And there are 8 of these joint sets in the set!

Some handy new dressing pieces (good for adding detail to ships etc).

The engineering (technic swinging bits) seem rather unimpressive compared to
the quick blaster whipping out of the Ep I BD.  Still, I never really look
for that anyway.

So, surprisingly cool really, and worth a longer look than I originally gave
it.  And and in contrast to the Ep I BD, this one has a bucket of
interesting pieces you can use in other things when you get sick of it :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/welcome.htm