 Local / Australia / 8978
8977  |  8979
Subject:
MOC transport report (was Re: Brisbane National Meet (June 8th-9th) - (reminder))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 23:51:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
My new MOC is built, broken up into component modules and just about packed
for the trip north tomorrow.... It's too voluminous to go as carry on, so I
suspect I'll be doing a spot of reconstructing on Thursday & Friday nights.

Well, it was broken down into ten component modules and a bag of detail
parts. It was all packed firmly between padding (clothes), in the theory
that it wouldn't move around to much. Maybe I packed it to firmly... when I
opened my bag in Brisbane, three modules were intact (although many gaps had
opened up between bricks), four others were recognisable but missing large
chunks. The remaining three had been reduced to small clusters of bricks...

I spent two hours last night piecing the modules back together... it looks
pretty much like it did before I packed it: but there are about 40 pieces
left over... I suspect the internal structure isn't what it once was.

Hopefully the trip from Brisbane to Indooroopilly won't be quite so damaging.

Cheers

Richie Dulin