 Local / Australia / 894
893  |  895
Subject:
Sets for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 00:10:48 GMT

I managed to pick up some sets and parts at Target in Broadmeadows yesterday
at a greatly discounted price [I actually found a polybag from a 7101
sitting on its own on the shelf, and asked how much it was, knowing that the
staff in these stores know nothing about lego. Then, while the assistant was
asking the manager, I searched in behind allthe sets on the shelves, putting
together a stack of empty boxes and loose parts. I eventually got the sets
at 1/2 price which is what I'mm offering them for. The moral of this story
is that it doesn't hurt to ask for a discount/price check on these items. (I
was originally offered 30% off the cost of the opened sets when they had no
idea if the sets were complete or not...I'm glad I found the other parts,
and the manager came out to see what was found.)]. The following is a list
of the complete/nearly complete sets I've got out of it.

1184 (?) ninja catapult cart
6028 Bat lord treasure cart
6028 Bat lord treasure cart (missing bat-lord soldier)
6008 Royal Knight
[make an offer for each of the three above]
7101 light-saber duel $10
7101 light saber duel [missing darth Maul's cape] $10
7121 Naboo Swamp [missing Qui-Gon's light saber...and Jar-jar if you don't
want him :)] $15

I've also got a 4910, missing the strange 6x6 radar/cross plate part for
sale/parts if anyone is interested. If I don't receive an offer for the
set/parts by tomorrow night (5PM Melbourne time), I'll add it to my spares
page. [I'll post a list of the extra parts tomorrow, before I add them to
the parts page.]

http://members.fortunecity.com/ben_whytcross/parts.for.trade.html

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)